Watercolor lesson: Grapes
This post is about watercolor and how to draw with it in few steps easily.
So lets start.
Stage 1 PENCIL SKETCH
- make light lines
- se Art eraser
Stage 2 WARM LAYER
- cover your sketck with yellow-orange-rose layer
- let water soak little bit in the paper
Stage 3 MAIN COLOR
- start paintbefore paper is fully dry
- leave hotspots not covered
- mix colors to show lights and shadows
- use warm colortones for light and cold for shadow
- feather clear borders of stains and make transitions till the paper is dry
- use saturated colors to create main tone of image
Stage4 DETAILS & ACCENTS
- when main layer is dried paint the dark details
- be accurate with quantity of water on the brush to avoid stains of water
Stage 5 FALLING SHADOW
- draw falling shadow darker in the points where an object is touching the surface
- make shadow cold in generally
- dissapear falling shadow whereborder is not clear
Don't forget to yourself for effort and make a compliment for your good job. ( the most important stage!)
I hope this tutorial will help you to use watercolor with pleasure and great results.
Enjoy and wish new sky!